Ramco Systems is part of the USD 1 Billion diversified conglomerate, the Ramco Group of companies. Started as an R&D division of Ramco Industries Limited in 1992, Ramco Systems was later established as an independent company in 1997. Headquartered in Chennai, the company has 24 offices spread across India, USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, Middle East, South Africa and APAC. The company focuses on providing innovative business solutions that can be delivered quickly and cost-effectively in complex environments.
Ramco is a fast growing enterprise software player disrupting the market with its multi-tenanted cloud and mobile-based enterprise software in the area of HCM and Global Payroll, ERP and M&E MRO for Aviation. Ramco Systems focuses on Innovation and Culture to differentiate itself in the marketplace. On the Innovation front, Ramco has been focusing on moving towards Cognitive and Robotic ERP with features such as –
- Talk It: With Voice, enterprise applications are gearing up to skip a whole new generation of User Interface. The novelty, ease and near zero effort required in designing an intuitive interface will drive more transactions to move the Voice way. Voice UI represents the interface of the future. It responds and works in ways that are easier and faster than brewing a cup of coffee. Voice based UI allows transactions to be carried out by simple voice commands on Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa
- BOT It: Bots (including chatbots), are becoming increasingly popular with companies that are looking for ways to better engage with customers and employees. These bots are artificial intelligent agents that are capable of understanding and responding to messages. The technology is at the point where there is enough built-in intelligence to enable bots to offer more complex suggestions to users as well as to learn additional responses based on past experiences. Transactions which earlier required users to login to a portal or or manually take permission can now get done with Ramco’s Chatbot by simply chatting after due authentication.
- Hub it: Organizations have evolved to a stage where they are able to clearly define different User Roles. Ramco uses this definition to design ‘Hubs’ which then act as one stop action center for the users. These Hubs offers Users clearly Visualized, Actionable Insights pertaining to their role in one single screen. A user with responsibility for Procurement will be able to do all his transactions from one screen. This saves 80% of time wasted navigating between transactions. That’s 80% more time to concentrate on Innovation!
- Mail it: Most business users are on the move and spend much of their time on mails. Requiring them to login to a system to do minor transactions will slow them and the Business down. Ramco with its ‘Mail It’ feature has brought the Enterprise System to where the user wants and when he wants it. The user can now transact on the ERP by sending a mail to the system to complete his transactions. The system is intelligent enough to understand user’s mail and take appropriate action. It is as simple as mailing your secretary to get a job done
- Thumb it: Most legacy ERP apps on Mobile phones are not ‘Designed for Thumb’. With Ramco one can complete transactions by following the thumb's natural, sweeping arc. The app senses context and defaults the most probable transaction and lists down other often used transaction. With Ramco, Just Thumb it to complete transactions on the move
- Prompt it: The best course of action is often decided by past data. One can spend 80% of time pouring over data or can let Ramco ‘Genie’ do it for you. Genie is intelligent to prompt on the next course of action. Be it Procurement or Production or Staffing, it pre-empts the requirement, keeps the documentation ready for approval. As Genie gets used to the user and organization it’ll evolve into a more powerful system that can act on its own to complete transactions that does not require User’s attention. This intelligent aspect of Ramco ERP saves your time to focus more on growing new businesses rather than running the business
The company has been assessed for ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management standards, ISO 20000-1:2011 Service Management standards and ISO 27001:2013 information security standards. Ramco's BPO unit is SAS 70 Type II certified. Ramco Systems is a public listed company and traded in BSE and NSE. The company currently employs over 1,900 + employees.
Ramco’s transformation case study has also been published in the Harvard Business Publishing. Penned by Dr Abhishek Kumar and Prof M Sankaran, BIM Trichy, the piece is considered as a valuable asset on the product development and product management processes followed at Ramco Systems. Read the complete study in detail here
- Year of establishment – 1997
- Headquarters – Chennai, India
- Total offices – 24 spread across India, APAC, US, Canada, Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Customers – More than 150,000 users, 1000+ customers since inception
- No. of employees – 1900+
- Business focus – Platform, Products & Services
- Verticals – Aviation, BFSI, Energy & Utilities, Equipment Rentals & Services, Government, Infrastructure, Logistics, Manufacturing, Mining , Professional Services, and Trading
- Assessed for ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management standards, ISO 20000-1:2011 Service Management standards and ISO 27001:2013 information security standards
- CMMI Dev Version 2.0 at Maturity Level 3 (Appraisal # 51080)
- Our BPO unit is ISAE 3402/ SSAE 18 (SOC1) Type II certified.
- Magna (SaaS) is SOC2 Type II Certified.
- Financials - FY 2019-20
- Total Income – USD 82.33m
- Total Revenue – USD 81.03m
- Revenue Mix – Americas – 22%; Europe – 2%; APAC – 41%; India – 21%; MEA – 14%
- Awards & Recognition:
- Positioned in Four Gartner Magic Quadrants - Cloud Core Financials, Cloud HCM, EAM and ERP Suites
- Winner– Global Payroll Association’s Award for Payroll Transformation Project of the Year
- Ranked ‘Leader’ in NelsonHall’s NEAT Vendor Evaluation & Assessment Tool for Payroll Services, for the fourth consecutive year
- Winner ‘Best Imagination’ Award at 2018 ISG Paragon Awards Australia
- Ramco ERP transformation project at Viadux featured in Top 25 ISG Digital Case Study Book
- Winner – 2018 HR Vendors of the Year Awards for Best Payroll Software
- Positioned as a Contender in The Forrester Wave™: SaaS Human Resource Management Systems, Q3 2017
- Winner Payroll Innovation Award 2018 by Global Payroll Association
- Positioned as major Contender in Everest Group's Multi-Country Payroll Platform PEAK Matrix
- Endorsed as the preferred Next-Gen MRO IT Vendor by Aeronautical Repair Station Association (ARSA)
- Conferred with the ‘Certificate of Industry Membership’ by Army Aviation Association of America, Inc.
- Stock exchanges where Ramco shares are traded: BSE, NSE
- Share Holding (As On 31.03.2020)
- PROMOTER & PROMOTER GROUP – 54.71%
- PUBLIC – 45.29%
- Executive members:
- P.R. Venketrama Raja, Chairman
- Virender Aggarwal, Chief Executive Officer